Monday, March 9, 2009

The Dark Side of Oz


Just to let you know I not a complete lunatic. I am the owner and operator of a successful computer data service I founded in the Spring of 1992. My job is looking at puzzles and finding logical solutions. My hobby is much the same but some of my friends say I don't stay inside their meaning of the word logical.

I have been aware of this subject for quite some time now, but I decided to study the film and music myself and come to my own opinion. We ask was this planned or just coincidence, I say it is both and neither. To elaborate on this, have you ever had a great idea for a story and just never got ambitious enough to write it down, then behold months or years later someone has made a movie just like or close to your original theme?

The ancient Greeks claimed that supernatural beings known as Muses embodied the arts and inspired the creation process with their graces through remembered and song and stage, writing, traditional music, and dance. Maybe those Greeks had something there? The Wizard of Oz was originally bashed by the critics and only in modern times is it looked on as a classic piece of cinema. Pink Floyd's music on the record "The Dark Side of the Moon" is a conceptual and philosophical jazz odyssey (perhaps a bit drug endused) that only few songs on the record made any charts.

So I guess my answer would have to be it was planned but not by the band but by forces that connected them in some strange way that we may never understand. Anyone saying there is no connection is just burying his head in the sand. The musicians themselves are not able to understand the connection, it is there and it may frighten them a little. I find skeptics are always frightened by anything unusual and they are the first to find a hole to hide their head. I have made a point to study many oddities and there is something "out there" manipulated the events. This is just my opinion and I have given you my best answer.

1 comment:

Anisha (BDO family) said...

I was told that if you pick any movie at random and play any album of music you can pick up at least 100 things that make the movie sync up to the music. I never tried it with anything else to find out, but I have a hard time thinking that the Wizard of Oz and The Dark Side of the Moon are not purposely synced together. But I find your idea that Muses are the driving influence behind this even harder to swallow.